Grassroots Finance Committee Resources
Before getting started with fundraising, please familiarize yourself with the Fundraising Guidelines.
Once you know the rules, here are some easy ways to share your support for the campaign and ask for contributions:
- Call or email your friends or meet them for coffee and explain why you are supporting Mr. Kennedy and ask for their support.
- Share Team Kennedy posts on social media along with a personal message and include your donation link.
- Host an in-person gathering such as breakfast or watch party with a suggested donation.
- Teach a yoga, fitness, or other class for a suggested donation.
- Ask your friends and community to make a donation in lieu of birthday gifts.
- Host an online gathering with an educational component or discussion with a suggested donation.
- Set up a table at a local event or farmer’s market.
Your imagination and the fundraising guidelines are the only limits!
For an in-depth guide to fundraising, download our comprehensive Fundraising 101 Guide.
Connecting With Other GFC Members
We want to connect members of the GFC with one another so that you can organize independently, for meetups, fundraising activities, and helping each other with online and other related GFC activities. We surveyed members at our first online meeting about the preferred method for bringing members together across regions and states, and there was most interest in setting up a Slack workspace for people to connect and organize. We've named it the K24 Grassroots Finance Slack, and we encourage you to join.
After you join the GFC you will receive an invite to join the Slack, at the email address you use for the Kennedy24 website and the GFC.
Online Fundraising Resources
We recommend visiting the following links for videos that can be downloaded and shared on social media, along with your unique fundraising link, as a method to share information online and ask for financial support for the campaign:
1. Defenders of Democracy Videos
2. YouTube Shorts Videos
3. Announcement Speech Short Videos
3. Create a YouTube Playlist of the campaign videos, or other podcasts, that are most important to you, to share with others.
4. Media Assets - images and graphics available for use on your own media.
5. Check out this short video from volunteer Krissy Gordon, on her tips and tricks for fundraising online.
In Person Fundraising Resources
For print materials, to be customized with your unique fundraising link, we have a volunteer ready to turn your link into a QR code, and insert it into one or all of our three designs options:
- a one sided 8.5 by 11" information page with campaign priorities, for printing at home or a local printer
- a one sided 8.5 by 11" QR code page, for donors to easily scan at your event or other interaction, for printing at home or a local printer
- a business card for professional printing online or at a local printer
Our volunteer will email the custom printable files to you, after receiving your request by email.
To request a print ready file:
Send an email to Amy at [email protected], and cc your GFC Regional Manager. In the email, include your unique fundraising link, your name, and which of or all of the three file types you would like to have created. Also, specify if you would like a copy of your QR code to use for other purposes. If you prefer to just use your link and no QR code, please specify that.
Amy will send back a print ready file, with directions for you to provide to an online or local printer of your choice.
For information about interacting with the media please see our Media Guidelines for Volunteers page.
We are here to help you be successful and reach your goal!
If you need any assistance, please don’t hesitate to email your regional contact (found in your enrollment email) or our general email: [email protected].